Saturday, July 7, 2012

81 Speedo Lights

I bought an 81 a few months ago and have made a lot of fixes but now it's running fine for the most part so I'm here with a few of the minor issues I'm having.

The main thing is I need a little help finding a few parts. For some reason I can't seem to find a replacement neutral light. I assumed it would be the same as the other speedo lights but it looks to be different and can't find where to order one. I was also wanting to replace the plastic part that goes underneath the metal handlebars. This is he part you feed the screws through to hold the headlight in place. Mine is broken in a few places and is on the verge of crumbling into pieces.

Then there's the notorious electric start. For a while it randomly start after I had been riding for a while and turned it off briefly. Then I replaced the neutral switch and everything seemed to be fine for a few days. Now the e start will only work immediately after I put in a freshly charged battery... and I do mean fresh. After only a few hours it won't work again until I recharge the battery. This is really just me being picky at the moment but I'd love to have this little luxury.

Also, The high-beam indicator light will not come one. Pretty sure it's a connection issue because after I replaced the bulb it was one for a whole 30 seconds but after I put everything back together it wouldn't come on. I've taken it apart again but can't seem to find the problem. Don't know if anyone else has had a similar problem.

You likely will want one of my starter module kits to fix the starter problem. Do some tests and let me know if you need one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment