Monday, November 28, 2011

The couch n love seat gifting.....explained. :)

That I intend to give, are older but very usable for some family that doesn't have one!

They've been sitting on my carport for a year now and i didn't get rid of them because I planned on putting them in the property place that i am redoing in another town. BUT. I decided yesterday after going over things in my head as to the difference in our circumstances this year, as opposed to LAST year, that I will let go of this set for a family that really needs it. :)

One of the pieces has a torn back -where it goes against the wall and cannot be seen. The mirror fell into it when we moved here last year but it is a perfect tear and can be Fabric-Glued, as i said it goes against the wall and no one can see it. I have not done it yet, because I cannot get to it on the carport. 

The couch n love seat have been under the carport cover for a year and under a tarp until the big blow we had a few months ago. I imagine they are dusty, but they can be vacuumed off or dusted off with a broom. 

I grew up with nothing and i know what it is like to have nothing and to have to try to get by with nothing and with no help from anyone. The same goes for having children and a missing father who didn't give a hoot about them, if they HAD or didn't have, so this I can relate to! and this is absolutely the type family i want to help by giving them the matching couch and love seat. 

Let me say that if you feel you need to see it to see if it matches your present furniture, THIS is not the type situation i want to help because IF you can be that choosey, your need is not as great as families who have nothing...........and will gladly use this. they will not be picky as to what it looks like or the condition, AND I know they who would cherish having something to sit on. It did not come from Neiman Marcus but to the family who needs it, its value will be priceless! So it will go to family that I determine has the most need. btw, I think it's Broyhill, but I cannot remember :)

Again, I will give to the most needy family WITH children. I want to help a needy family with children, yes, but I also want the children to know that GIVING is a blessing and they too can learn what it is to give by the 
gift the family receives. I want nothing in return for the couch n love seat. You know Adults know that they can GET BY, but children wonder why don't we have anything like other families. I want them to be able to see this as a lesson in giving & hopefully someday, pay it forward themselves. 

To avoid yard sellers and people who'd resell them in a shop or whatever, PLEASE tell me why you and your children need it, by writing to me with a short letter about your family and circumstances. AGAIN, I will only give to the family, with children, who demonstrate the most need. You will have to be able to come and get it as I don't have a truck. thanks! :)

(Also have a TV, a daybed frame, bike, and other things to be found/dug out when we go in for the couch n loveseat. These other things will be negotiable on cost for someone else who can purchase~what is the alternate site for this area to sell them on ?) thanks for reading. 

How can you help someone who is in need?? You can pay generosity forward from you homes as well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment